Single serving desserts don't get enough credit! These little tiramisu jars with Espresso Skinny Dipped Almonds are perfect for serving at dinner parties. There's something about a dessert in its own little jar that makes it seem a little more upscale and fancy.
Ingredients for 4 jars:
For the sponge cake:
4 extra large eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
1 cup all purpose flour
For the filling:
3 eggs (whites and yolks seperated)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
8.8 oz mascarpone cheese
1 tbsp almond extract
For the assembling:
1 cup of brewed coffee
3/4 cup of crushed Dark Chocolate Espresso Skinny Dipped Almonds
Method for the sponge cake:
- Preheat the oven to 340 F° (170 C°).
- Spray a 13x9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray, line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk on high speed for 15 minutes.
- Once very fluffy, remove the bowl from the stand mixer. Sift the flour on top a little at a time, and fold it gently with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool before flipping it on a wire rack.
- With an electric mixer, whisk the egg yolks and powdered sugar until very pale and airy.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and whisk until incorporated.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites to form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites very gently into the mascarpone mixture, using a silicone spatula.
- With a round cutter corresponding to the size of your jars, cut out 8 pieces of sponge cake.
- Quickly dip each piece of cake into the brewed coffee.
- Start to assemble the jars by putting one piece of cake in the bottom. Spoon in some of the mascarpone mixture, then add a spoonful of
- Espresso Skinny Dipped Almonds. Continue by putting a second piece of cake, some mascarpone mixture and finish with some more crushed Espresso Skinny Dipped Almonds
- Let chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours before serving. Enjoy!