Ingredients for 20 sandwich cookies:
- 1/2 cup softenend butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal
Ingredients for the decoration:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- One pouch of SkinnyDipped Dark Chocolate Cocoa Almonds, finely crushed
- In a large bowl, use a spatula to mix the softened butter with granulated sugar and salt.
- Add the egg, then flour, cocoa powder and almond meal. Mix until well blended.
- Divide the dough in 2 equal pieces, form two flat discs, wrap them in plastic wrap and chill for 30min.
- Place one half of the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out the bottom of the sandwich cookies using a 2-inch round cookie cutter. Place them on a lined cookie sheet and prick each cookie with a toothpick.
- Repeat the same process with the second disc of dough, and use a smaller cookie cutter to cut the center of the cookies.
- Chill the cut out cookies for 30min and preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Bake for about 12min, allow to sit out of the oven for 10min and transfer to a wire rack.
- While the cookies are cooling down, start to prepare the ganache. Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave oven, heat the heavy cream for about 1min. Pour the warm cream over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 3min. Gently stir until you get a smooth consistency. Allow to cool down (you can refrigerate to speed up the process) until you get a firmer but still spreadable consistency.
- With a spoon spread some chocolate ganache onto the top of your sandwich cookies and sprinkle the crushed SkinnyDipped on. Place them back on the wire rack.
- Spread the bottom of the sandwich cookies with chocolate ganache, then sandwich together with the top cookies. Enjoy!