Christmas came early with these homemade chocolate, peppermint cupcakes. But be warned, they disappear quickly when discovered by friends and family!
Ingredients for 10 cupcakes:
For the cupcakes:
1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup crushed Peppermint Skinny Dipped Almonds
For the cocoa frosting:
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup crushed Peppermint Skinny Dipped Almonds
- Optional: crushed candy cane, edible snow flakes, etc... have fun with it!
- Preheat the oven to 320°F. Place 10 cases in a cupcake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the following ingredients in this order without mixing: yogurt, self-rising flour, eggs, white sugar and butter. Whisk until combined, do not over-mix. Fold in the white chocolate chips and crushed Peppermint Skinny Dipped Almonds
Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake cases, each case will be 3/4 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the cocoa frosting. Put the butter and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric whisk for 4 minutes until pale and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and cocoa powder and whisk until incorporated.
- Spoon the frosting onto the cupcakes and sprinkle with crushed Peppermint Skinny Dipped Almonds. Get creative and add some crushed candy canes, edible snow flakes, etc. Enjoy!