Breakfast never tasted so delicious! These pear and raspberry oat bars are great for breakfast on the go or for a mid-day treat. The sweetness of the pear and tartness of the raspberries balance each other beautifully and the crunch of the Raspberry Skinny Dipped Almonds is an added textural bonus to these little squares.
Makes 9 pieces
For the crumble layers:
3 cups GF rolled oats
2½ cups almond flour
1½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup crushed Raspberry SD Almonds
1 cup melted salted butter
For the pear and raspberry filling:
2 cups frozen raspberries
3 cups pears cut in small cubes (= approx. 5 pears)
½ cup sugar
3 tbsp tapioca starch
Juice of half a lemon
Method for the crumble layers:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a 9x9 inch square pan with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, almond flour, brown sugar, baking powder and crushed SD Raspberry Almonds.
3. Add the melted butter and mix until crumbly.
4. Press 2/3 of the crumble mixture into the bottom of prepared pan, bake for 10 minutes and set aside.
Method for the pear and raspberry filling:
1. In a medium bowl, stir together frozen raspberries, pear cubes, sugar, tapioca starch and lemon juice.
2. Spoon the fruit mixture over the baked crust and top with remaining crumble mixture.
3. Bake for another 20 minutes or until the crumble top is golden brown.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool off completely at room temperature before chilling in the refrigerator.
5. Once solid, remove from the pan, cut squares and enjoy!