There’s pumpkin pie, then there’s pumpkin pie with peanut butter, and THEN there’s pumpkin pie with peanut butter SkinnyDipped almond crust and spookily delicious meringue ghosts on top... Happy Halloween from our sweet tooth to yours!
Ingredients for 8 servings:
For the crust:
1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup Peanut Butter SkinnyDipped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
- A pinch of salt
For the filling:
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
A pinch of salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crushed Peanut Butter SkinnyDipped
Optional: Spooky meringue ghosts or any other Halloween decoration- have fun with it!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Place all the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Press the mixture into an 8-inch pie pan with a removable bottom and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare the filling by beating the eggs and peanut butter in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, cornstarch, salt and spices and mix well. Mix in the pumpkin purée and the heavy cream and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes turn off the oven, open the door and let the pie cool inside for 1 hour.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let to cool completely before refrigerating for at least 2 hours.
Before serving sprinkle the crushedSkinnyDippedAlmonds around the edge of the pie and garnish with spooky meringue ghosts or any other Halloween decoration. Enjoy!