Donut worry, this recipe is easier than it looks! With just a few ingredients, you can create these delicious little donuts that are jam packed (no pun intended) with flavor.
Ingredients for 12 mini donuts:
For the donuts:
3.5 oz unsalted butter at room temperature
2 oz smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup yogurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 ⅓ cup self raising flour
1/4 cup crushed Peanut Butter Skinny Dipped Almonds
1/4 cup raspberry jam
For the glaze:
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1tbsp cocoa powder
Crushed Peanut Butter Skinny Dipped Almonds
Melted dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and spray your mini donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk, yogurt and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Pour the crushed Peanut Butter Skinny Dipped Almonds and swirl the raspberry jam into the batter.
- Transfer the dough into a piping bag and fill each donut hole about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and allow to cool down fully before you start decorating.
- To make the double glaze, in a medium bowl whisk together the milk, vanilla extract, peanut butter and powdered sugar.
- Pour half of the glaze mixture into another bowl, add the cocoa powder and whisk.
- Dip the tops of half of the donuts into the peanut butter glaze, and the other half into the cocoa glaze.
- Decorate the glazed donuts with some crushed Skinny Dipped Peanut Butter Almonds, melted chocolate and sprinkles. Enjoy!