Makes 6 large pop tarts
For the Dough
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for the egg wash
For the Filling
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- SkinnyDipped Sea Salt Baking Bits (to layer on bottom)
- ½ cup SkinnyDipped Sea Salt Baking Bits
- ½ tsp Coconut Oil
- Make the filling: In a small bowl whisk the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Place in the refrigerator while you make the dough.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour and salt. Add the chilled butter and cut with a fork or pastry cutter until the butter is pea-sized. Pour in the water 1 tablespoon at a time and continue to work the dough with a fork until sandy. Form into a ball and gently knead just a few times. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Divide the dough into two pieces and roll out on a piece of parchment into a large rectangle. Slice into 3x2 rectangles and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with the second portion of dough and any remaining scraps until you have 12 poptart pieces.
- Arrange six dough rectangles on the baking sheet and add a few chocolate bits to each. Then top with the pumpkin mixture and brush the edges of the pastry rectangles with the beaten egg. Top with a piece of dough and use a fork to press the pieces together around all four edges. Repeat with the remaining poptarts.
- Brush the tops of each poptart with the beaten egg and poke a few holes in the top of each pastry to prevent cracking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- In a small bowl melt the SkinnyDipped baking bits and coconut oil in the microwave at 30 second increments until smooth, stirring frequently. Drizzle each pastry with melted chocolate.