We all need a ‘donut disturb” day sometimes... And these sweet treats couldn’t offer a better excuse for blowing off work and spending the day baking at home with the smell of warm, homemade donuts. Have we convinced you yet?
Ingredients for the Doughnuts (makes 12 )
- 1 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp minced fresh mint leaves
Ingredients for the glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup pure cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk (any type)
- 1 cup crushed Skinny Dipped almonds dark chocolate mint
- Optional: a few mint leaves for garnish
Method for the doughnuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the self rising flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar, natural yogurt, melted butter and warm water.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the minced fresh mint leaves.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool down fully. Meanwhile, make the glaze.