There’s only one way to slice it; this tart is dark and dangerously delicious, compliments of coco & cocoa. Are you ready to dive in?
Ingredients (for an 8-inch tart pan with a removable bottom)
For the base:
- 1 cup Cocoa Skinny Dipped
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
For the filling:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp crushed Cocoa Skinny Dipped
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Start by making the tart base. Place the base ingredients into a food processor and pulse a few times until it forms a sticky and crumbly mixture. Press this mixture into the bottom and sides of the tart pan and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Place the filling ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Turn off the heat and let cool down a few minutes.
- Spread the filling mixture evenly over the prepared base layer and place the tart pan back into the fridge.
- Prepare the chocolate layer by adding the chocolate chips to a glass bowl. Heat the coconut cream and pour it hot over the chocolate chips. Stir briskly until smooth, spread evenly over the tart and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, take out the tart from the tin and garnish with crushed Skinny Dipped Almonds and desiccated coconut. Enjoy!