Apple cake with a Skinny Dipped Almonds crust. OMG.
1/4 cup butter
5 apples peeled and diced
1/2 cup crushed Dark Chocolate Skinny Dipped Almonds
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup all purpose flour
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter into a large saucepan. Add the diced apples and cook over medium-high, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat before the diced apples become soft and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease and line a 8 inch round pan with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the cake pan with half of the crushed Skinny Dipped Almonds and add the cooked diced apples over.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and with an electric mixer, whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/3 cup of melted butter and the heavy whipping cream and mix until incorporated.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the cake pan over the diced apples.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely into the pan and turn out onto a plate.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining crushed Dark Chocolate Skinny Dipped Almonds and enjoy!